Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Arrest for hopping onto home WiFi

#108 I had to double take when I read this one. I recently installed a WiFi network for my new ADSL link at home and when I searched for the newly installed access point for the first time I saw my two neighbours' AP's - unprotected. I still joked with my wife that I could cancel our ADSL line and use the neighbours' WiFi networks to jump onto their links!

Then I came accross this article - A man who allegedly accessed a home Wi-Fi network in St. Petersburg, Florida, from a parked car got logged off the hard way: He was arrested and charged with a felony. Benjamin Smith III, 40, was arrested on April 21 outside the home of Richard Dinon and charged under a Florida law that prohibits unauthorized access to a computer or network.

I kid you not!
Rate this post: (Provided by NewsGator)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home